June 23, 2013

Meadowsweet Quilt

The Meadowsweet Quilt.... made with much love for a very dear pen-pal who I had the pleasure of meeting properly last week.
I had immense fun making this quilt... the bright colours are happy and refreshing while the pattern is simple yet effective.
I think I might even make another one, one day! 

...Kate loved the quilt, which is always a bonus. :)
Kate and her family live on a beautiful farm which we had the pleasure of visiting several weeks ago on our way home from the 'Building a God-Centered Family' conference. 
We milked cows, fed lambs, rode motorbikes and had fellowship with wonderful people.... it was a jolly good time and I can't wait to do it again! :) 
More photos coming here soon! 

xoxo

4 comments:

  1. Awww, nice quilt...and lovely photos of you and your pen-pal! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful quilt Alice! It is such a precious gift and I often find myself just staring at it and feeling the beautiful material - thanks so much! :)
    It was such a blessing to have you and your beautiful family come and stay - what an amazing time of fellowship, encouragement, lots of fun and great memories! You're such a priceless friend! :)
    Can't wait to see you again!
    Lots of love, Kate xxx

    P.S. Little lamb Dumbo is well and I DO think she is missing you terribly! :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Alice
    Gorgeous quilt!!!!!Love The colors!You,your friend and the lambs are sooooo cute!
    It sounds heaps of fun!
    Brianna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Alice, I found your blog today, and I must say, I love it!

    The quilt you made is beautiful, and I love the colours - you did such a great job with it...
    Having a pen pal sounds like a lot of fun!

    Maddy :)

    ReplyDelete