August 31, 2012

Pinwheel Baby Quilt


My latest creation... a pinwheel baby quilt! Based on the tutorial found here.

Here in Australia we're enjoying the last day of Winter while still looking forward to Spring... the flowers and trees have just started blossoming and it's just so beautiful!

How I love Spring. :)

I'm currently about 2/3 of the way through making an Edwardian gown for a friend's 16th birthday party next month, so stay tuned for some photos! (That is, if the dress works :P).

What's your favourite part about Spring?

Blessings, 
Alice xo

8 comments:

  1. Delightful quilt Alice. This is the same tutorial I used to make my first ever quilt.
    Looking forward to a wonderful spring here too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh Alice, that's beautiful!!!!! I love it!
    Yay for spring! This winter in Tassie has been FREEZING! (I bet you guys have had a warmer one where you are!)
    Btw, did you get my letter? I'm terrified that it may have gotten lost ont he way. :-D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jemimah! I'm glad you like it :). Yes, I did get your letter! Thanks heaps! I'll reply soon xo

      Delete
  3. The quilt is GORGEOUS! As are ALL your creations my lovely! ♥
    Ahh! My favourite part of spring would be all the trees blossoming, and the BEAUTIFUL weather! ^_^ Also 6-a-side! ;)
    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's beautiful! Do you do your own quilting? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment! Yes, I do do my own quilting. Don't study it too closely though - I've only stippled a few quilts so I'm not very good at it, therefore it's quite messy! :P

      Delete
  5. Aw... wow Alice!! I love the quilt - you're so clever 8D
    My favourite part of spring is the blossoms - I just LOVE blossies!! After such a cold winter, there is nothing more cheering than seeing the blossoms, wattle and willow trees come out! God's creation is truely magnificant!! 8D
    Looking forward to seeing your Edwardian style dress - all the best with it!!
    Love Kate xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW! That is a beautiful quilt!

    Emma
    http://emmavogelsang.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete